A straight, bright smile. Everyone wants one. But not everyone was born with one. That’s why Dr. Lucas Brimley and Diazo Family Dental & Braces offer affordable orthodontics in Phoenix. But our orthodontic treatments aren’t for good looks alone – though straightening your smile can certainly make a major cosmetic difference.
Beyond helping a smile look attractive, orthodontic treatment enhances your health.
And healthy smiles are exactly what Diazo Family Dental & Braces is dedicated to. We want everyone to enjoy the benefits of a smile that feels as good as it looks. One that supports your health and your confidence instead of eroding it. We think everyone’s smile, young, old, and in-between deserves outstanding Phoenix orthodontics!
The Benefits of Braces
Straightening your smile with orthodontics in Phoenix is an individual journey and is done for countless reasons. Because deciding to get braces is such a personal decision, the benefits are too numerous to list, but here are a few of the most universal ones. Straightening your smile:
- Improves the health of teeth, gums, and bone
- Improves chewing function
- Reduces bite-related jaw joint dysfunction (TMJ/TMD)
- Increases the life of your teeth
- Reduces enamel wear from an unbalanced bite
- Improves smile and facial esthetics
- Enhances self-esteem
What’s more, when left untreated, crooked teeth can lead to decay (they’re harder to keep clean!), gum disease, deterioration of the jawbone, and even chewing and digestive problems.
What Diazo Family Dental & Braces Offers
We offer orthodontics in Phoenix to patients of all ages. Whether your child needs early orthodontics to help correct bite-related issues, or you have been dealing with crooked teeth all your life, we have a solution for you.
- Adult Orthodontics – while other treatments such as porcelain veneers can perfect a crooked smile, adult orthodontics provides a more conservative alternative to veneers or other cosmetic dentistry. Braces can also provide the ideal base for any cosmetic treatment. Even more importantly, adult orthodontics can balance your bite, relieve tension and pain, and offer comfort, health, and longevity to your precious teeth.
- Children’s Orthodontics – Early treatment of malocclusion or other bite and balance issues with orthodontics in Phoenix can be key to children’s proper oral-facial development. We can often correct a severe over- or under-bite at an early age preventing years of imbalance in facial growth. In addition, many children find relief from allergies and airway problems such as mouth breathing when we develop the jaws properly as they are growing.
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that you check your children for:
- Difficulty biting or chewing
- Crowded teeth
- Top teeth protruding over bottom teeth
- Bottom teeth overlapping top teeth
- Crowded or overly gapped teeth
- Teeth that do not meet properly (look to see if the spaces between the front teeth line up)
Plus if your child has been a habitual thumb sucker, we need to know that too.
If the upper jaw is too narrow, we will create a custom palatal expander. A palatal expander is an oral appliance worn to widen the upper jaw so that the upper and lower teeth fit together properly.
Your kids shouldn’t have to struggle with crooked, crowded, unhealthy teeth – and neither should you. Talk to us about orthodontics in Phoenix right here at Diazo Family Dental & Braces from a bilingual team you know and trust.